Monday, April 10, 2006

who and where?

Landed in a dip!
Lately several of my friends ended up in a crisises, i supported them to the best of my abilities.
People seem to think i am a rock, but sometimes i am a very soft rock, not really knowing who i am. Not really knowing where i belong.
I know only Waheguru can give me stability, but one way of another people want to identify.
For the people i live with my full life, i am a kind of traitor leaving my original religion. For the sikhs i am a rarity, a newcomer that is playing being a sikh.
There is no one i can share with, really share.
Waheguru please give me strength in this lonely hour!

3 Comments:

Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

It's tough to feel lonely. I think it is a challenge that God has given some of us, so that we can grow. So that some day we may be able to fully take comfort in knowing that only God is there for us always.
I live by myself and it can be really challenging sometimes. If my friends didn't give me a hug every once in a while, I'd probably be insane.
Sometimes I think that God will provide me the opportunity to get married after I have learned the lesson of being alone. When I can just feel God by myself (without sangat/family) and be as peaceful and meditative as I feel inside Gurdwara.
I hope that you can feel that peace and feel your true support as you continue with your great seva of supporting others.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 7:18:00 PM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

Dear Prabhu, Dear Surinder,

Thank you for your supporting words.
Prabhu you are right, it is a lesson. But my own weak self sometimes gets lost during this lesson.Thank you for guiding me.
And thank you Surinder for offering your (virtual) friendship, i accept this humbly. I hope i can meet up with such great friends.
I prayed a lot (my own private little conversations with Waheguru) and it works. I will be fine in a few days...
Thanks anyhow, it feels wonderful to have friends so far and close at the same time.
Waheguru blessings!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 10:33:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur with Prabhu Singh and ss. Living alone has it pros and cons. Right now I am enjoying living by myself. Manpreet Ji you can always count on your virtual friends.

Anoop

Friday, April 14, 2006 7:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home