Friday, May 19, 2006

image


While waiting for my son, i was sitting in this pavement café, drinking a nice cup of café and watching the people walking by.
People make a statement with their clothes. They want to fit to a certain image, like

- i am fashionable
- i am not
- i am artistic
- i am gothic
- i am sporty
- i am still young
- i am sexy
- i am posh
- i am alternative
- i am integrated
- i am not
- i am nice
- i am japanese
- i am a cowgirl
- i am decent
- i am british
- no i am french
- i am a hippie
- i am a hell's angel
- i am too good to be true
- etc

And that's fine. That is freedom, everybody should express who he/she is.
But why is it that people who want to show they are religious, are considered old fashioned weirdo's. Why?
why are spiritual people so much focussed on that new laws are made up to discriminate them?
Tell me why?????

4 Comments:

Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

I think I saw the name of all the spice girls in your post :-)
I think my clothes say 'I'm a Sikh.' That's the statement I'm trying to make anyway.

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:29:00 PM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

He, Prabhu, of all people in my virtual sangat it is you that know the spice girls. I am so surprised.
But of course you are right, there is gothic spice, decent spice, cowgirl spice, japanese spice :-)
But baby spice is on solarider's blog!

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:46:00 PM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

... and dear ss, i considered living in England, once.

But now Espanola is very attractive to live.( i see your photo's too Prabhu)

But i know i am stuck here and maybe here is were i have to make it.

Friday, May 19, 2006 8:53:00 PM  
Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

Yeah, I couldn't remember all the spice girls names, it just seemed like they were there.
Española's a beautiful place to live. I think I may work with somebody (like my brother or other inspired youth) in the future to make some kind of retirement community here for Sikhs.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006 8:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home