Thursday, May 04, 2006

lilacs

Today i visited my mother. I do not see her enough, working fulltime is taking so much time. And time is precious, mama is 87 years now. I know how quickly papa passed away last year, so i want to spend as much time as possible with her.
We went into the garden, when we opened the kitchendoor we could smell the lilacs in the back of the garden. Papa was so proud on his flowers. We went to cut a bouquet of lilacs. We did not talk both remembering him.
Thank you, papa ji, the lilacs look and smell wonderful!
Do you remember that little twig you planted there? It is a big tree now and it thanks you every year with so many flowers for caring and weeding.
Papa is not here anymore, but Waheguru gives us so many signs he is with Him.
Both caring for the flowers, the gardner and the Creator. What a wonderful team...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manpreet, what a lovely way to remember your papa. I agree, time is precious, and we never know what will happen tomorrow. My parents are also aging, and I am frequently reminded that they will not be with us much longer.

I also love lilacs. I just took a couple of photos of our lilacs, though they are just now starting to bloom. I'll post them on my blog this week. I will also take more photos once they are fully bloomed.

Hope you are well! Stay in chardhi kala.

--Rochelle

Monday, May 08, 2006 4:30:00 AM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

Thank you, Rochelle, that was very sweet of you.

The photos were beautiful.
I could almost smell the lilacs.

Satnam!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 12:29:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

waheguru.

just wanted to pop by and thank you for your kind messages bhenji. This is a heart-warming post.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 2:07:00 PM  
Blogger Prabhu Singh said...

I've been smelling lilacs from my neighbors house. We had a large lilac bush when I was a kid. They are so sweet and a really nice edition to my neighborhood which doesn't always show that many signs of life or of pleasantries.

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:31:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home