Wednesday, February 01, 2006

time

Sat Shri akal

Recently i did not write on this blog. You know why? I spent too much time reading other sikhs blogs. They are so interesting, i can not resist checking them every day. It is like an addiction, really. So i was wondering why? I have things to do, i have things to read, things to write. Still every day i spent a few hours on these blogs.
I think it is a process of identifying myself as a sikh. I often feel very isolated being the only western sikh around over here. So invading other people's blogs makes me a little more at ease with the consequences of the choices i made.
Actually it is a little like reality TV, one peeps in someone else's life, thinking one knows these people, but it is not. It is a false image of intimacy and familiarity.
Having a blog is a strange thing too, anyhow. It is like leaving your diary open on the kitchen table, isn't. I was wondering if it is a matter of proudness too? Is what i think or i feel so important that the world should know about it. Is this about a big ego?
I have to figure this one out. Meanwhile i have to make a plan to manage my precious time.
What do i have to do?
- preparing my speech on Shri Guru Grant Sahib for the interreligious dialoguegroup next week
- writing a letter on behalf of the Guru Nanak Sikh Society to the head of catholic schoolnet to rethink allowing sikhchildren with covered head in their classes
- making annual report of Guru Nanak Sikh Society
- start lobbying again to strenghten our network

Meanwhile several visiting groups i have to welcome in the gurdwara. I like to do this, but i have the impression that my sangat lost their interest in these visits. While it is important to make ourselves known to those who make the effort to visit us. Well i hope so anyhow...

So where is my agenda? I start to make a plan NOW!

Please wish me luck!

2 Comments:

Blogger gareeb said...

Guru Jee is with you!

Sunday, February 12, 2006 12:18:00 AM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

Sat Shri Akal!

Thanks everybody!
Your wishes are working, there is developping "a system in my madness"

Monday, February 20, 2006 10:44:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home