Thursday, September 29, 2005

symposium


Today was the symposium about illness and death of a patient in different worldreligions. There was a large audience, almost 300 people. All kind of caretakers: doctors, nurses, social workers etc.
I had to give a speech on the sikh patient. I named the speech: " The evening of life". ( since the sikhs pray Kirtan Sohila: the eveningprayer)
I handled my first power point and it went rather smoothly. Not perfect, but more than ok. I got very interresting questions from the audience.
Thank God i got very good tips from other sikhs on Gurumustuk Singh's blog.
I "borrowed "as well some photographs from sikhnet and the soft simran that Gurumustuk put on his blog. I did my explanation with this soft music as a gentle background.
So i want to thank everybody who helped in preparing this speech!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The Evening of Life" - beautifully worded Manpreet ji. I am actually highly intrigued by this presentation of yours...I wish i could see it; you think it could be possible for me to see it? Actually I am starting work as a Hospice caretaker, starting tomorrow. And only after reading this post of yours, have I decided to learn Kirtan Sohila ji ka Path, so that (God forbids, but I know I'll be confronting some serious hits in this career), I can do my duty as a caretaker and as a Sikh, by helping ask Waheguru to take these souls into His divine care...

Satnam Waheguru!

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 4:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manpreet ji-
Wahe Guru! This is so great.

I am very interested in your presentation and if you might share the content of it. These types of conferences and trainings are more and more common with medical providers or emergency responders, ministers, etc. wanting to be sensitive to those who come under their care with regards to educating themselves for a diversity of faith orientations. I am in the first phase of working with a project to compile a "sikh section" for the current training manuals of various entities.

Could you correspond with me regarding this?

Thanks for your consideration. satsundrik@kiit.com

Thursday, October 20, 2005 3:51:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home