Saturday, March 04, 2006

granddaughter

Sat Shri Akal!

My granddaughter is very important to me. This tiny little human being captured my heart. And she made me remember my own grandmothers, who passed away when i was still very young. So i grew up without my grandparents not realizing what a big loss they were.
But the few memories came back after my granddaughter was born. It is a very intense feeling to discover your grandmothers and granddaughter at the same time.
Of course i wrote about them. This is a poem i wrote for my granddaughter last year when she was just 21 days.


sacral
his sigh over the waters
and see the water is alive
her sigh over my veins
god moans in my arms
my breath shivers
he repeats me fresh in her
for the winds lie down
and the flood crawls back
to its source
and god smiles in my arms
since twenty one days
this world i am bearing again
his wealth runs
through me
because of her

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home