Sunday, September 10, 2006

i cried


Hope that Satvinder doesn't mind that i "borrow" one of her poems, which she left very humbly in one of her comments:

in the moments of intimacy with my dear Lord
my spirit sheds tears at the thought that
there are many that understand the breadth of God
but only a handful that understand the depth of God
I cried. I don't know why i cried but i cried.



Last week one evening i went to gurdwara. Only the granthi was there, one sevadar, a young sikhgirl i never met before and me.(most people are working hard in the fields since it is harvest time)
It felt very private. The young girl helped the granthi and the sevadar to cover Sri Guru Granth Sahib. You could see it was the first time she did this.
So when the granthi took our Guru to His Restroom, there was no one to open the door. So i did, then i bowed for Gods Word. While He passed me i started to weep, tears were flooding over my face. I felt very shy and thank you, nobody started to ask questions.
After taking Parsaad, the others left, i stayed there till i calmed down. I felt so so close to Him. What an overwhelming feeling!!!
I had this experience before (like when i saw Harmandir Sahib for the first time), it always takes me by surprise. And though i cried, i have this incredible happy feeling afterwards.
Am i just an old fool or do i feel His Blessing now and then?

I cried: I don't know why i cried but i cried.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course I don't mind! Gosh! you actually find something of merit in my silly words. I've cried at Gurudwara Sahib during Divaan many times. Especially upon hearing a shabad that touches me.

I'm not saying you should follow suit though as one does get some funny looks ;o) Just fooling.

Stay Happy Bhenji... always (",)

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have experienced similar feelings so many times inside of Gurdhwara Sahib. Just last week I cried all through Anand Sahib, Ardas, and Hukumnama. It feels like he is just right near me and cleansing my soul just with his presence. If this makes me fool so be it because I wait every single moment to just feel his closeness (My Guru is always with me and I so very often fail to realize his presence).

Monday, September 11, 2006 11:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If this makes me fool so be it because I wait every single moment to just feel his closeness"

How could anyone who says this be considered a fool? I was mucking about in my comment but I've never cared about what others think of my faith. It is what God wants it to be... if others want to laugh at it then that's their problem not mine. May Guru ji remain with you forever (",)

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ps. the ones that laugh are the ones that miss out.

scatter-brain at work again.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006 1:18:00 PM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

Thank you Satvinder Bhenji and Anonymous, it is good to be be heard and understood.
i can not even tell this kind of stories to my friends, without having a suspicious look. They think i am ready for the mental clinic.
But you are so right, we have to walk our path and not care about the other peoples thinking.
Well at least i should try not to care...

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:17:00 PM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

oh and of course hello ss, glad to hear you.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 10:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home