Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Poetry Day 25-01-2007



On 25th of January it is Poetry Day (Poems Day= gedichtendag) in Flandres and the Netherlands. i could have shared a beautiful poem written in English, but i will not, because in this linguistic aerea there are some really good poets too. i want to share two of the best with you.
The first poet is Ted van Lieshout (check his website, please, there is a english section). I choose a poem out of his latest children's book, which won the Silver Slate Pencil this year. The book and the poem have (in Dutch) the same title.


Mum! What have you done with happiness?


Mum, what have you done with
happiness? I put it
here and now it is gone!

You left it somewhere lying
around or it is stolen or
maybe you've thrown it by accident.


Who steal my happiness?

Who wouldn't?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that I missed poetry day bhenji. I would have liked very much to have contributed.

I wrote this... I was going to put it on my blog initially but then considered that this might be a nicer home for it. I hope you like it.

The waters are calm now
The storm was high
The once howling winds
Are now but a sigh

I hope this sillness
is here to stay
If not forever
then at least another day

hmnnn because sometimes it's just so nice to be able to enjoy the peace and to be able to sit back and thank God for all that we have.

much love to you bhenji and lots of smileys (",)

Monday, January 29, 2007 11:34:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home