Friday, January 26, 2007

first poem


My dear father passed away in 2005, but he is still very much part of my everyday life. He gave me so many things, like my love for poetry to name only one.
On my 10th birthday he gave me a "poesie" a little book where my friends were supposed to write a poem in for me. Most of them just made a drawing and put their name in it.

But not my dad! He wrote a real poem for me. And though it is one of my hidden treasures, i want to share this with you. I know it is not the best poetry and certainly it is a terrible translation (sorry), but for me it is worth the Nobelprize, if not for literature then definetely for father's love.


As stars that are shiny and bright
polished by a little angel divine.
So has to be your little soul
immaculate and always pure.
This is what we are hoping both
your dear mother and your father.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely poem !!!! its this small small things which one cherish's most i guess from thier loved ones ..
gurprasad

Saturday, January 27, 2007 4:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say it is the best because if reflects a parents'love for their child.

Sunday, January 28, 2007 1:07:00 AM  
Blogger Inder Pal Singh said...

Its really a small &lovely poem .A beautful gift which u can expect from ur loved ones which will inscibed into the hearts forever.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 1:11:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hello,

I accidentally stumbled on your blog on the web. I guess the poem was originally written in Punjabi. Would you mind putting that up (written in the english script!!). I can't read Punjabi but can sorta understand it and I am really curious ....it is such a lovely poem.

Saturday, March 24, 2007 4:52:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home