Friday, July 21, 2006

tell me

Today it is National Day in Belgium, not that i care much about it, but it's a day off!
I will continue to clean and clear my little office. As i told before on this blog i keep lots of stuff, especially paper things; letters, cards, books, leaflets, reports, photo's etc. You name it is there! With a lot of dust on top of it!

So i really could not handle it to throw away things. Now i found a solution, i ask myself: " What would the children keep to remember me? What would they definetly throw away?"
It works. Well.... sometimes i am heartbroken, but a girl has to do what she has to do. And it is good for my ego, to realise that some events in my life were actually not so important.

Over the years my sangat offered me often a saroopa (which made me happy, yes, but very shy as well). I keep them in a box in my office. They are dear to me (don't worry i do not want to throw them!).
But i am wondering, can one actually do something with it? Can you make curtains out of it, or cushions? Or patka's or dastaars?
Forgive me i do not want to be unrespectful in any way! But i was just wondering?
Like members of Raga Jathi's must have loads of them. Are they just kept in a box somewhere?
Can anybody tell me?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I myself don't know how ethics would intervene here....but I the men in my family have often used them as patke or dastaar :)
I hope it helps!

p.s.// Things we aren't sure of, like religious calendars, we simply donate them to the Gurudwaras, they respectfully do what ever is to be done.

Hope it helps!

Sunday, August 06, 2006 12:34:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home