Tuesday, July 25, 2006

art in prison

Some weeks ago i talked about the art exhibition i saw in the old prison of H.
I showed you some traces of sikh inmates and how much it moved me.
But i never said or showed anything about the art. Well there were some really strong statements!
The following statue was laying in the cell were very bad criminals were aired (it was a kind of cellar room with wire as a ceiling).
It made such a strong impression on me, not only because the statue was very good and perfect in size for this place (which was a coincidence), but the bareness of the cell and the helpness of the person touched me so much.
I heard so many real life stories of refugees and sometimes an artist just fills in what i seem to know .
Chilling, but beautiful.
(I feel ashamed that i do not know the artist,i only know that he or she graduated this year in the artschool in H.)

3 Comments:

Blogger manpreet kaur said...

Oh dear, i was trying and retrying to get a mistake out of this text. But you know i am hopeless with all this stuff.
What i meant was: THERE WERE SOME STRONG STATEMENTS! (and not wrong ones as i wrote)
I am sorry!

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 9:51:00 AM  
Blogger manpreet kaur said...

o double dear, the changes i made, are posted.
so my first comment is completely useless.
So is my second.
This wsa a good lesson in being patient. I hope i remember next time...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol
But WoW! A big WoW!

Saturday, August 05, 2006 4:51:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home