Monday, June 19, 2006

jip and janneke



Jip and Janneke are a little boy and girl out of a Dutch children's book. I read them all to my children when they were young. And i am reading them now for my granddaughter. They are a wonderful part of some many children's childhood.

These 2 kiddies reminded me very much of them.

Instead of giving money to children, i give them little boxes of raisins or dried apple pieces. On these little boxes are the images of... Jip and Janneke.
So on my last trip i took a few kilo of these little boxes ("are you experienced?")
I saw so many happy children's faces! So worthwhile.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Instead of giving money to children, i give them little boxes of raisins or dried apple pieces. On these little boxes are the images of... Jip and Janneke.


I am glad to know that you gave them boxes of raisins or dried apple pieces. Most poor children are exploited for money. I always used to give food instead of money. Many times, children really insisted on money.

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Despite the freezing winter nights, despite the scorching wind- the loo-which takes pitiless share of fragile shoots every May and June. Despite the recurring droughts and the trauma of monsoons that sometimes follows it, Childhood blossoms.

Thursday, July 20, 2006 8:12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home