Monday, June 19, 2006

begging



What i never get used to is begging people. I know what the guides are saying, so i did refuse sometimes. Was irritated sometimes, was arrogant sometimes (a trick that my friends learned me and that works!).
But that is not like me, so many times i did look them in the eyes and the only thing i could do was give. To them we are the rich ones (even i had a limited budget), you can not blame them.
But i felt shy and uneasy to be considered the rich one.
Sometimes they wanted to do something back and offered to be on a picture. But i was to shy to install anything.
Framing someone else's misery makes me feel guilty. So pictures are not really clear.
I had my "daily clients" and looking back at them now, softens my heart.
Waheguru, take good care of them (send Rochelle there with a lot of money!)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Framing someone else's misery makes me feel guilty. So pictures are not really clear.


on the other hand, it can act as powerful tool too ( for example, sometimes pictures ( depicting their emotions) really make me experiece their misery)

Monday, June 19, 2006 9:16:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waheguru, Manpreet-ji. I also have a hard time with begging. I feel guilty for refusing, but I know that at least in the U.S., many "panhandlers," as we call them, use money to buy alcohol. I don't want to support someone's alcoholism.

The raisins idea with the wee ones is great! Do you buy those raisins in your home country? Or in India?

I know it's hard to photograph the needy. On the other hand, showing these photos to others I think helps them to see a part of life they may not have otherwise. It raises awareness. But yeah, I'd have a hard time with that, too.

Monday, June 26, 2006 5:35:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home