Wednesday, June 28, 2006

oil

So finally i know!
I will have my little operation on Thursday (tomorrow).

Yesterday, quite late, a sikhfriend came straight from gurdwara to visit me.
He brought some special oil, given by a sant. The sant left Belgium already, but my friend specially phoned him in Germany.
To straighten my finger, i had to put the oil on, leave it at least 4 hours covered. I was not allowed to leave the house. Doing simran would only make the therapy stronger. In the morning i had to wash the oil off, do simran again, go to the gurdwara to do ardas and donate some sugar or ata.
The finger would be cured...
...

I wish my faith was so strong... so i did not do it.
This morning i had to go to my familydoctor and she said:
" Western medicine can not cure everything! So the finger is something technically, but we can try it on your other arthrosis effected zones"
And my doctor does not even believe in homeopathy! But she is a very religious woman...
So i will have the operation tomorrow and then try to cure (let me choose, euuh...) my feet with the oil.
The power of faith...

What do you think?

When part of the sangat left our first gurdwara; discussions about the power of the(se) sant(s) was one of the causes. Is this part of sikhism or part of an ancient culture?
At one hand it confuses me, at the other hand i wish i could accept so easily and have blind faith...
Out there in blogland are so many young well educated young sikhs, living in both cultures. What do you think?
Please tell me.

4 Comments:

Blogger msingh said...

If the therapy is based on science, auyvedic, herbal, etc then worth investigating. If it's just based on faith and being delivered by sadhus or saints I personally would steer clear of it, especially if there is money changing hands.

It is entirely possible that a sant or sadhu might be learned in the science of healing, but it should be possible to make that assesement. "When in doubt, steer clear" is the motto.

I think the biggest healer is your own body, so nourishing it, giving it proper rest, yoga, simran, not quarelling with God, etc all help.

Hope things go well and you bounce back to good health soon.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 1:03:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Manpreet Ji
I too hope things go well with the op.

Friday, June 30, 2006 7:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sat Sri Akal, Manpreet Ji,

How did the operation go? Feeling ok?

Checking in,

--Rochelle

Tuesday, July 04, 2006 6:57:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me begin my saying that I hope your operation went smooth and that you are feeling much better to perfect now!

Now to the question that you've asked is a very tough one! I agree with Msingh ji when he says that Saadh and Sants might as well be learned in the science of healing. From what you've described, I'd have done it...for real. That is based on the assumption that the Sant ji dind't take any money from your friend for this remedy. What harm does it do me to keep my fingers soaked in that oil - it is oil afterall...if nothing else my fingers will leave nourished and moisturized! And even if oil was just a placebo, those four hours of simran might just do the trick. And faith my dear Manpreet ji can cure. I don't call faith a placebo as many others will. I call it healing - the enlightened healing :)

Either way...I hope all's well. Keep smiling :)

Satnam Waheguru!

Thursday, July 06, 2006 12:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home