Wednesday, May 31, 2006

one year


So princess is two years old now. And life is like that... today we remember something completely diffrent.

It is one year since my father passed away.
On 31 of May we went to the doctor together and he heard the verdict that he had breastcancer. The doctor said he wanted to operate (papa was 84 then), but that he had "to cut deep to be sure". He took it bravely, but i knew how he felt.
We made appointments for the next week and left.
In the hall of the hospital we talked for almost one hour, planning how to tell mama.
We dwelled through all the possibilities, both frightened for the future.Both holding each other...
He walked me out when i left. We hugged and kissed goodnight like usual. Through the front screen i put my thumb up as a sign that everything will be okay. He pulled up his shoulders and smiled: "I don't know, girl"

His best friend convinced him to play brigde that evening (my father was a great bridgeplayer, pride of his club). My father's friend lost his wife one year before due to breastcancer,so he said that it would give him some distraction. And so they could talk a while...

That night papa ji had a bleeding in the brain...A massive bleeding...
I think sometimes he made some negotiations with God: "Please give me another death, something quick and not painful."
And God gave it to him.

While he was drifting into a coma, bridge was still in his mind and he said to mama:
"Let's play hearts"
That were his last words.

Yes we do, daddy, we play hearts. We always will.
For you.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God bless. What touching post Manpreet ji.

I used to always think when thinking of death, for God to give me a quick and easy death. But then I started working with hospice and I felt that I need sufficient time to say goodbyes.

Let's play hearts (K)

Friday, June 02, 2006 4:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to learn of your loss sweet bhenji. It doesn't matter how old they are or how they go it's still a big loss. I understand this now.

Hope you find lots of strength, courage and peace through guru ji.

lots of hugs and some of those silly fuzzy smiley things (",)

Saturday, June 03, 2006 3:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waheguru!

Manpreet Ji and Satvinder Bhenjee:
No time on earth is long enough to share with those we love or to prepare our hearts for good-bye. May time soften the pain until all that remains is the comfort of memories and the love, always the love.

Lots of hugs

Sunday, June 04, 2006 3:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home